Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dan Aykrod Beard Trading Places

Review: Before I Die Happy Valentine's Day

Okay, I confess .

I've been delaying this moment all I could. What why? Because I have fear. Much . I have no fear that you like. I have fear of doing wrong . I have fear because of me you pass long . Not that I have low self-esteem , it is hard to live up of this book. I do not remember where I found it certainly recommended it to me one of the ones blogs I follow ... and this has quickly become one of my favorite , and worth reading. No
fairy or goblin or vampires or unicorns or parallel worlds, or futuristic technology or murders or geniuses or witches or superpowers or superheroes or immortal

... So what's left? Answer
: Stalking death and the value of life.

Have I started too strong? Please keep reading. I like:

Title: Before I Die (Before Dying)
Author: Jenny Downham
Genre: Fiction (Juvenile)
Edition: Salamandra
Pages: 200-340 approx.
Binding: Softcover
Price: 17.50 €

Pirates: Available in Castilian ( Translated by Charlie's Angels) and English, but I recommend buying it, is a book that you will be proud to have on your shelf.

Synopsis:
At 16, Tessa knows that there are few months of life, so make a list of ten things to do before you die, how to test the sex, drugs, driving a car ... and the most heartbreaking of all, love ...
a day like any other you realize that you have a few months. A hard blow to swallow, no doubt, for how such affronts reality? What psychological mechanisms are triggered in the certainty of the inevitable?

Review:
This is the story of a teenager. But not a teenager either. Tessa has leukemia . He was diagnosed at age 11, and Since then, he has spent his life coming and going of hospitals, taking all sorts of medicines , and testing all types of natural remedies his father seeks relentlessly in the hope recover.
not had a normal life , and knows he will die soon . She knows. His father did not agree. His mother tries to ignore. His younger brother does not understand.

But the hands of the clock keep moving. So Tessa chest out, take a deep breath and try to play the cards that fate has given him. Ago list, messy and pointing everything everywhere, but in the end list. A list of things you want to do before Game Over . A list that any self-respecting teenager would experience if you were in your situation: Sex, drugs , be famous, bringing their parents ...
and will have a friend that will help meet that list, Zoey that also has its own problems, and often fails to understand the thoughts and reasoning of Tessa:

T : Amazing, right?
Z: What?
T: I'm me and you are you, and all they are out there. And we're all very different and equally insignificant. Z
: Speak for yourself.
T: Right. You never think when you look in the mirror? Can not imagine your own skull?
Z: Actually, no.
T: I do not know the table of seven or eight and I hate celery and beets. A You do not like your legs or your acne, but none of that matters in the grand design of all things.
Z: Shut up already! Stop talking shit. Tessa
But make a mistake: it love. From his neighbor Adam. Their relationship has ups and downs , and moves in step with his disease. Adam is several years older than her, but do not go to college. He has been home taking care of his mother and , taking care of his garden. But is anyone able to help Tessa? Will this relationship a success?

Your Reading :
You become Tessa. Feel what she feels, and suffer as much as her. You can not take off, we are small fish that found a pearl in the sea. And while we did not realize we were admiring the oyster where it was closed. What I like are their reflections, simple and bright, like calm water.
say that human beings are made of nuclear ashes of dead stars. And when I die, I will return to dust, glitter, rain. If that's true, I want they bury me right here under this tree. Its roots reach the soft remains of my body and suck all the liquid. Reborn as apple blossom. Fall into the spring as confetti and I'll stick to the shoes of my family. I carried in my pockets, my silk scatter subtle about their pillows to sleep better. What dreams have then?
and his struggle to stay alive. Even knowing what to expect. Is more mature than many adults. Life has obliged. But love can , laugh, dream and desire like any other teenager.
wish I had a boyfriend, a boyfriend who lived hung on the hanger in my closet. Could remove always wanted, to make me look like the guys in the movies, like I was beautiful. Not talk much but sigh to take his leather jacket and unbuttoning his jeans. White pants would be so good that I almost faint. I also removed my clothes. Whisper: "I love you Tessa. I love you really.'re Beautiful." Exactly those words, as I undress.
Many things happen in parallel to them. Zoey know better, and we laugh at the magic tricks and anecdotes of Cal ( Tessa's little brother ), We present Scenes with Adam +18 ( Girl, are you ready to sigh a long Oooh ? ) and moments of genuine anguish hospital .

Things Apart:
I will not discuss things as vain as the covers. The content in this case is important. Are you looking for something more serious? Tired / o the stereotype juvenile book? Tired / os that you read the world does not look like you live? Bon appétit, mon amis.

addition, I bring you a surprise : the four first chapters Here you can read the ... click, click .

My Opinion:
And at the end, this is a book for reflection. What does not kill ... education. You may even help you to mature and give account of how valuable each time. Worked for me. :)


PS: If anyone has read I think read, or heard about it, do not hesitate to leave a comment with your opinion. Will be welcomed with arms wide open . PD2

: My favorite books are of this type. Many of those reviews will be entertained, but I'm looking for fun while, somehow, learn and better person. not try to change me, will not be able!

0 comments:

Post a Comment